Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Databases are not present in the .............

This topic is 6955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Filemaker Server Web Publishing Administration Console, Filemaker Server Configuration page.

Hi All, searched the forum for a hint to this problem but came up empty handed!

I am running the Custom Web Publishing Engine on a Mac G4 running OSX Server 10.3.7. The Filemaker Server 7.0v2 is running on a Mac G5. The Overview page on the Administration Console displays the Web Publishing Engine and Filemaker Server IP addresses correctly. When I go to view the Published Databases none of them appear.

I have double checked that the group assigned to each database is "fmsadmin" with read/write privileges and the owner is "admin" with read/write privileges. I have set these databases up in Library -> Filemaker Server 7 -> Data -> Databases ->SubFolder.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.... Ray

Have you added Extended Privileges to the databases for XSLT or XSL? This is detailed in the FM Server Advanced Custom Web Publishing Guide:

http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/fmsa7_custom_web_guide.pdf

Ender, sorry I neglected to indicate that I had added the extended group privilege, "fmsadmin" (read/write) to the databases and their folders under Data -> Databases -> Sub-Folder -> My Databases.

My Administration Console is functioning fine, displaying the fact that XML and XSLT are turned on and configured in the Web Publishing Engine

Filemaker Server is displayed with the proper IP address, but when I click on Published Databases none are displayed.

Thanks for your feedback..........

========================

I assume the "Published Databases" page of the Filemaker Server Web Publishing Administration Console should display all open databases on the Filemaker Server regardless of how their extended privileges are set. It then uses "-", "+" or "(+)" to indicated which of these extended privileges are set. Is this assumption correct?

My "Published Databases" page does not display any of the databases I have placed in the Filemaker Server default database folder, Library ->Filemaker Server 7 ->Data ->Databases ->Subfolder ->MyDatabase.

Resolution!! After spending a week trying to determine why my databases were not appearing on the "published databases" page of the Web Publishing Administration Console I decided to call Filemaker tech support (prayed for a good tech and it worked).

In a nutshell here is the resolution for those who may encounter the same problem, I am running the Filemaker Server/WPE on a Mac OSX Server that comes with a default database whose domain name is "blank". I must have deleted it sometime in the past. Unfortunately, it must be present for the Filemaker Server/WPE to work correctly. As soon as we added this default web site back the databases displayed properly on the "published databases" page. Thanks to all for their input!

• 1 month later...

This topic is 6955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.