Y2K date on FM Pro 5.5

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I created a very simple "locator board" using FileMaker Pro 5.5 (evaluation version). In it I have three date fields created simply by choosing Date in field type. The problem is when you type in a date with a two-digit year (e.g., 7/6/01), it reads it as 1901. I would have thought that this version of FMPro would be Y2K compliant. What's going on? Is it me or is it a bug?

Hi,

FM has fixed this issue already on there FM 4.0V3 and 4.0V4.

Just to be safe, i've just made your example on our FM 5.5 and yes it's works as it should works. So, please check your configuration and consider re-installation of FM ...

From the FM web-site:

Interpreting Existing Two-Digit Year Dates

All versions of FileMaker support legacy data by interpreting existing two-digit year dates (outside of data entry) as the 20th century ("19xx"), not whatever the current century happens to be. For the purposes of this document, legacy data includes two-digit year dates previously entered in FileMaker, and dates coming from sources external to FileMaker. Legacy data does not include data newly entered or modified by the user or newly generated by the software.

You can find more on http://www.filemaker.com/legal/notice_y2k.html

Best regards

Erwin

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.