Fields & Other Objects Disappear

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Background: I've been creating a layout that contains conditional value lists to determine the information to be viewed in a portal on the same layout. The portal is also capable of being sorted by the users choice of sort buttons. The layout was working great. Then, all of a sudden, I added another field (with a conditional value list drop down menu) and a rounded rectangular box behind it for aesthetic purposes. When I switched to Browse mode, both the field and the background box disappeared. They are not grouped together. In fact, I deleted the field and left the background box in place. You guessed it, the background box still disappears when I switch back to browse mode. Have I been at the screen too long--am I missing the obvious? Any ideas would be appreciated...

It appears that the specific layout where I setup the conditional value lists and portal has been corrupted. All other layouts work fine and do not cause any newly added fields, portals or objects to disappear upon entering browse mode. The data is in tact.

I am in the midst of recreating the layout from scratch. (FYI: I am using FM 5.0 on one box and FM 5.5 on another.)

Has anyone else had problems w/ layouts becoming corrupted? Is there a fix? (e.g., ResEdit, etc.)

This topic is 8349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.