Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculating periods

This topic is 7008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a file with field "Category" (categories are Recieved, Started, Pause, Restarted and Ended) and a date field "Date". I want to calculate the number of months of activity (between Started-Paused and Restarted-Ended), and not the periods with inactivity (Pause-Restarted).

Anyone have a solution? Ive tried many things, but not solved it.

I did a simple time sheet system for myself, except it worked with hours and not days. So I'll verbally convert it to your needs...

Each record has a start and end date. There is a related table that contains periods of inactivity; each of these records would also contain a start and end date, or alternatively each records could represent one whole day.

In the master record, the activity period would be equal to the end date minus the start date, minus all the related inactive days.

• Newbies

Thanks for the reply. But it didnt solve my problem. I have one record with only one date, the end date (or time) is on the next record (except for records with anothrer not time related info.

But I came by another solution who solved it partly. So now its time for me to study and learn FM Pro 7 a litt better. Perhaps its simpler than an imagine, wiith all the new functions there :-)

This topic is 7008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.