Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing FMP7 to Excel problem

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using previous FMP versiion (6), I was able to use the 'Import from FMP' menu command within Excel to import records from FMP. This was easier than exporting from FMP to Excel. Having moved to FMP7, I now find Excel doesn't recognise FMP7 files.

Anyone know anything about this?

(On Mac, FMP7 and Excel2004)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to your question, but your post makes me very curious. I looked for the "Import from FMP" menu command in excel (thinking this might help me solve a problem that I am having), but I can't find it...can you help? (I am using FileMaker version 4) Sorry...I feel like an idiot here.

Carlyle

Carlyle - I always feel like an idiot here asking some of the things I can't work out. But folks are pretty kind, B)-)

Seems it depends on the version of Excel (not Filemaker). That menu command ('Import from Filemaker') only seems to be in Office 2004. Never saw it in earlier versions. But the real point is that it only will import FMP6 (maybe earlier versions?) and can't even see the FMP7 files. I haven't checked yet, but there may be a MS patch for Excel to solve it.

I was just wondering if any other FMP folks had run into this problem.

This topic is 6991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.