text clipped

This topic is 7001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a large text filed (multiple paragraphs) that I want to format the field text alignment using "FULL" from the FORMAT menu. When I choose the "FULL" option the right edge of the text is clipped (partial characters) on the right side of the field. I've tried eliminating all borders, nothing seems to effect the clipping. I see this both on the layout displayed or when printed. I've tried a separate a layout using just a merge field, same issue, right side characters are clipped. Any thoughts?

The text going into the filed is a result of a calculation that text formats the color to black and set the size for a report. The anomaly appears to be associated with the using a calculated result. I did try full align on the text that is in the field preceding the calculation and it appears correctly. I know of no other method to change the text color and size for a report other than using a calculation on the report layout. Maybe thats my out. The calculation I'm using is of the form ( report text ="xxxx " & field1 & " yyyy " & TextColor ( TextSize ( report_field; 9 ); RGB ( 0; 0 ; 0) ), Im using FM 7.03

Sounds like the font is not smoothing. FM7 pretty much needs font smoothing or the fonts have spacing issues.

In System Preferences->Appearance, change the text smoothing option to Turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 or smaller (or if you use 8 point fonts, make this number smaller.)

Double checked the font smoothing and it is set to a size of 8 points, using 9 on this an other machines. Reduced it to 6 and no difference in clipping. The clipping is definitely linked to the font I choose and only specific sizes of that font. It appears on both my desktop and powerbook.

This topic is 7001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.