1 Layout - Multiple Fields Lookup to Same Table?

Mark L

This topic is 6974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Vaughan-

Thanks for posting. (It's a relief just to see your name in the post - as I know some wise FMP experience is on hand.)

That's what I was attempting to do - but it adds on to my existing TO. How do I create a new TO?

Thanks so much,

Mark

Vaughan-

(2nd Posting to your previous posting)

Your mention of the possiblity of creating a seperate TO relationship inspired me to investigate:

I discovered that if I didn't try to create the new relationship "graphically" (clicking and dragging between key fields in the two files,) but used the "plus sign icon" in the Tables/Relationships section - I could select from drop down lists what I wanted. THEN I was warned that "There cannot be more than one relational path between any two tables in the graph. Another occurance of one of the tables must be added to the graph." It then prompts with a suggested name of that (new) table name. So I tried it out - IT WORKS! cool.gif

I'm a little confused about what implications it might have for my design to have the original file + 3 additional occurances of it.

Any thoughts on the "downside" of this? confused.gif

[color:"blue"] Thanks for inspiring me - Vaughan and any others who have thoughts on this - please check-in.

-Mark

This topic is 6974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.