Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using a List that imports more than one field valu

JWMPCM

This topic is 6996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If I could clearly state the problem I'd probably have the answer.

New User Filemaker Pro Developer 6

2 Databases - DB1 is a workorder sheet. DB2 is our customer list with name address city postal code phone1 phone 2 fax and phone4.

I have been able to set up a drop down list for Customer field in DB1 which displays all the names in Customer field from DB2. What I would like is when the customer name is chosen from the list the name and also the address city postal code phone1 phone 2 fax and phone4 are filled in DB1 from the values in DB2. This was a relatively easy function in our old Symantec Q&A (don't laugh it worked great for years) but I'm having a difficult time in Filemaker pro. Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.

Welcome tto the Forum

You don't mention a Customer ID in DB2. You should have one, this can be an auto-entered serial number. Use this to make a relationship to DB1, this requires a field in DB1 Customer ID. Also make a relationship in DB1 to DB2 using Customer ID.

In DB1 make the fields address city postal code phone1 phone 2 fax and phone4 Lookups based on this relationship.

Hi Ralph,

I think something got lost in the conversion - I have Filemaker Developer 6 which opened the file ran a concersion and saved it renamed it lookups converted.fp5. Your file extension was .fp7 so I am assuming you are using a higher version and we lost information in the conversion. I open to a file with two layouts, no relationships defined and no look up lists. I am beginning to feel like the village idiot. Thanks for your help and any light you can shed on this is again most appreciated. JWMPCM

• 2 weeks later...

A Belated Thank You to Ralph for his generous help. I finally found the time to pin this puppy down. I can now click on my name file, get my drop down list and it very nicely fills in the other fields. Thanks Again!!!!!

At the risk of wearing out my welcome I am down to one final annoying problem.

I have a script Send Email which consists of Send Mail {'"'} which works but the address line in my mail client is this <[email protected]> rather than [email protected]. Any ideas on how to strip out those pesky <> in the address line?

JWMPCM

This topic is 6996 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.