Exporting

This topic is 6992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As far as I know you can rename the file in the export dialog box. In Windows OS, you may have to enclose the field name in quotes to force the OS to change the extension.

NB: This would be such a trivial thing to resolve under Mac or Unix, but it's a bloody mess under Windows.

I screwed around looking at preferences and control panel settings, and I even experimented with file shortcuts ('aliases' to the non-Windows world), but I couldn't get Excel to recognize the file. Without macro or external scripting support, it seemed pretty much a foregone dead issue.

Unless by some chance your importing program has some option or preference that could come into play, Vaughan seems to have the most reasonable solution.

As far as I know you can rename the file in the export dialog box. In Windows OS, you may have to enclose the field name in quotes to force the OS to change the extension.

yes, just type in the filename you want to export to as "FileName.txt" you should be able to do this with any file extension. The downside is FMP doesnt give you the option to filter by All Files (*.*) so you cant just double click an already existing .txt file. If its a recurring export make a script to export to a filename with .txt extension.

This topic is 6992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.