How do I find out if an online vendor is legit?

This topic is 6969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm currently thinking of buying from an online vendor that is selling FM7 full version retail box for $183.99 and FMS7 full version retail box for $745.00. I'm kinda having second thoughts since the prices seem too good compared to places like Amazon, but it would save me a lot if they are legit. Anyone know how I would go about finding out? They are located in New York state and accept credit card.

Maybe you should say who the vendor is so we can take a look. There are often tell-tale signs for recognizing shady web sites. And with a little research, you can find out if others have had problems.

Maybe you should say who the vendor is so we can take a look. There are often tell-tale signs for recognizing shady web sites. And with a little research, you can find out if others have had problems.

I ended up buying the small team bundle directly from FileMaker's own webstore. I figured it wasn't worth the risk and worry buying it from an unknown third party even if I was saving a couple of hundred dollars. The store in question was:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/geminicomputersinc/figo.html

I checked them out with the New York Better Business Bureau and they were listed with no complaints but I just didn't want to take the chance :| I originally never mentioned them out of respect for the forum advertisers. I'm going to be joining this forum as a paid subscriber soon (I just paid for a subscription to ISO Filemaker Magazine earlier today, and this place is next on my list) so I guess it won't matter since I'll be helping out this forum financially anyways.

Sorry for getting off topic, but out of curiosity if anyone here ever dealt with that company could you let me know how it went? I may buy additional licenses from them if allowed.

This topic is 6969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.