Server Maintenance This Week. ×

LDAP Authentication in Windows 2000 Domain

This topic is 6835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have FM7 Server Adv on OSX Server 10.3.8. Server is 'bound' to the network and I can "walk" LDAP and AD fine. I called FileMaker support and spoke with a tech. We looked at all the settings in the DIRECTORY SERVICE portion of the CONFIGURATION tab of FM Server Admin. All was good but still did not work. Then the tech finally revealed that 'they at FileMaker' have not been able to make this work.

Has anyone been able to get FM7 Server on OSX to authenticate using LDAP? When I apply a Domain Group to a database and then attempt to log into that database I get an error stating that I do not have sufficient priveleges (however I gave myself full access in the Priv Set). confused.gif

Thanks in advance.

Whoever moved this, this issue isn't specific to server advanced, it is the same problem I have, and I only have server 7 installed. It's really an issue with Win 2k domain with LDAP and AD, and having lack of privleges as normal users.

Try to put a Domain Admin in your group and have him log in to your Filemaker file. I bet it will work, although this isn't a feasible solution... Filemaker eventually told us that they recognized this as an issue, and said they have all their engineers working on it atm.

I have already done what you said - actually assigned DOMAIN ADMINS group (which I am a member of) to a database and then attempted to log in using my U/N and P/W. Denied access. Glad to hear someone else is hearing what I am hearing. Also glad I could do an export from AD and then create accounts in FMP.

Yes, we are at 7v2 and still no luck. But you got it to work? You have this installed on a Mac running OSX and you are able to authenticate using LDAP against your Active Directory?

What am I missing? Can I see how you configured FileMaker?

Did you get your server to register in AD? Was it necessary for LDAP to work?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, we are at 7v2 and still no luck. But you got it to work? You have this installed on a Mac running OSX and you are able to authenticate using LDAP against your Active Directory?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

• Newbies

Hi there

I do have the same problem and just found your site.

I do run a Xserver with OS X 10.3.8 and I have my FM7 server configured to access the Directory service on a Windows 2000 server, running an ADS Domain. All worked fine until I installed FMS7_V3. No I do have the same problem.

Before the update, I was running FM7_V0 and had no problems at all (beside a VERY solw login to the databases).

If I can't find a solution to get it back running, I'll delete the installation and reinstall FM7_V0 from my CD (I have done this befor as I had the same problem with FMS7_V2).

I hope this does help someone.

• Newbies

Hi there

I do run a Xserver with OS X 10.3.8 and I have my FM7 server configured to access the Directory service on a Windows 2000 server, running an ADS Domain. All worked fine until I installed FMS7_V3. No I do have the same problem.

Before the update, I was running FM7_V0 and had no problems at all (beside a VERY solw login to the databases).

If I can't find a solution to get it back running, I'll delete the installation and reinstall FM7_V0 from my CD (I have done this befor as I had the same problem with FMS7_V2).

• Newbies

Hi there

Hi! Could someone please explain how to set this up. I tried this: Settings in DB is Verify through external server and a groupname called "fmedit" is active with full access. In server Win2000 I created the security group "fmedit" with a couple of members in it. In FMserver Admin under Settings/LDAP I registered IP:number of the windows server and under Security checked External server accounts / Domain accounts and groups. None of the users in the group can log in. Is this the correct configuration? Thanks for any help in this!

Hi! Could someone please explain how to set this up. I tried this: Settings in DB is Verify through external server and a groupname called "fmedit" is active with full access. In server Win2000 I created the security group "fmedit" with a couple of members in it. In FMserver Admin under Settings/LDAP I registered IP:number of the windows server and under Security checked External server accounts / Domain accounts and groups. None of the users in the group can log in. Is this the correct configuration? Thanks for any help in this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This topic is 6835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.