error 6 on page created by site assistant

ddhull

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using fm site assistant. All that is in this database is 0 scripts, 1 layout, 2 fields, "Firstname" and "Lastname". I am trying something as simple as can be, I thought. When I run assistant all I am selecting is view, showallrecords and add records. It will showrecords just fine. But if I select add, I get an error occurance of 6. Can anyone help me out with this? Shouldn't filemaker assistant be able to at least create something this simple and work?

Thanks for any help,

Doug

I am using fm site assistant. All that is in this database is 0 scripts, 1 layout, 2 fields, "Firstname" and "Lastname". I am trying something as simple as can be, I thought. When I run assistant all I am selecting is view, showallrecords and add records. It will showrecords just fine. But if I select add, I get an error occurance of 6. Can anyone help me out with this? Shouldn't filemaker assistant be able to at least create something this simple and work?

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Appendix B of FMS7A Custom Web Publishing Guide: "File is read-only"

This has nothing to do with the site assistant.

In your Accounts and Privileges menu of your database, set the privilege for records to "Create and edit in all tables" for your extended privilege set fmxslt.

Martin

In your Accounts and Privileges menu of your database, set the privilege for records to "Create and edit in all tables" for your extended privilege set fmxslt.

Martin

Martin

Thanks again for responding Martin.

I do have fmxslt in and selected in the extended privilege and an account called Admin which is set to Full Access and is how I log in on the web. Just to try, I created a duplicate file, set up an account and selected create and edit in all tables etc. But still the same, error occurred: 6.

Any thing else I could check?

As far as making my href work the other day which you responded to, I got nowhere fast, so I am trying to learn more xsl biz before adding my own code. I just thought I would try site assistant to see how it worked.

Thanks,

Doug

I do have fmxslt in and selected in the extended privilege and an account called Admin which is set to Full Access and is how I log in on the web. Just to try, I created a duplicate file, set up an account and selected create and edit in all tables etc. But still the same, error occurred: 6.

As far as making my href work the other day which you responded to, I got nowhere fast, so I am trying to learn more xsl biz before adding my own code. I just thought I would try site assistant to see how it worked.

Thanks,

Doug

Thanks,

Doug

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.