FM5.5 > FM7 Problem Accessing DB from HTML

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just upgraded to 7 from 5.5. My FM5.5. web sharing was working fine but the FM7 is giving me the following error message:

404: Not Found error message and "/FMPro".

"FMPro" is used in the form on the HTML page i.e. "<form action="FMPro" method="POST">"

Does anyone know if this "action" could be wrong and if so what might be a solution to my problem? Would appreciate help.

• Newbies

Hi, I'm in the process of moving a CDML-based FM web sharing solution to FM 7... so I'm not speaking as an expert, but as someone in the trenches.

First, were you using IWP or CDML (or maybe Lasso or FXphp) for your web sharing?

FM 7 does not handle CDML. Out of the box, you must use IWP or add FXphp to the mix. Or, make the financial investment in Filemaker Server Advanced and use IWP, CDML converter, Site Assistant to create your new web sharing solution. Again, there's the Lasso and FXphp options for you to consider.

FM 7's Instant Web Publishing is much improved, so this might be an option for you.

Lee

• Newbies

Thanks for the info. I think I might be out of my depth! I'm basically working from an HTML direction and have had no experience outside of basic FileMaker stuff. I have reinstated my FM 5.5 web database in the interim and am just about the final touch-up. In the meantime, I will have to investigate a little more the process of making FM 7 work since my client is keen on upgrading all their machines/users to FM 7.

Thanks again

Henry

This topic is 6994 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.