Actions after a Find

This topic is 8103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In a script, I am calling the EnterFind function. After the user executes the find, I want to continue and perform some other functions. Problem is that the Find is not stoping to allow me to enter the find button, instead it is simply going ahead and continuing with the script. The Puase doesn't work because once I hit the continue, it still goes through to the rest of the scrpit. I simply want it to stop to allow me to enter search criteria and then press the find button to execute it followed by the continuation of the script.

A

Let me reiterate to see if I have it.

I put the user into the Find Mode, I them pause the script. The user will then enter the criteria. Once the user enters the Continue, I will take over again, and I have to initiate the Execute Find command. File Maker will not execute the Find for me. I can then continue the process of doing whatever I need to, after the find has completed.

Thanx

Airborne,

Yes - BUT make sure that in the Enter Find Mode AND Perform Find steps, the Restore Find Requests box is NOT checked - otherwise you will get the find that was used when the script was created.

BTW, you can use the check box for pause in the Enter Find Mode script step, instead of a separate Pause/Resume script step. You will also be able to enter multiple find requests while paused. So the guts of your script is just...

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

Perform Find [ ]

and, as explained in previous posts, you click on Continue to execute the find.

Russ Baker

Canberra, Australia

Airborne,

Yes - BUT make sure that in the Enter Find Mode AND Perform Find steps, the Restore Find Requests box is NOT checked - otherwise you will get the find that was used when the script was created.

BTW, you can use the check box for pause in the Enter Find Mode script step, instead of a separate Pause/Resume script step. You will also be able to enter multiple find requests while paused. So the guts of your script is just...

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

Perform Find [ ]

and, as explained in previous posts, you click on Continue to execute the find.

Russ Baker

Canberra, Australia

This topic is 8103 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.