Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker shows Greek alphabets

This topic is 6931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Have you seen FileMaker application shows Greek alphabets? Sometimes when I type in something, it displays as Greek alphabets. Sometimes it just translates the whole message alphabets into Greek alphabets. I am not sure why it does it. Any ideas?

thank you.

Jackson smile.gif

It sounds like the field has been formatted with the Symbol font.

Symbol is Greek, intended to be used in mathematical and scientific documents.

I don't think the field is formatted with the Symbol font. The program displays normal (English) alphabets on my computer. Do you think it might be some programs interfere with FileMaker program in the computer that displays Greek symbol?

Thanks.

Jackson

• 1 month later...

Hi, N! If you're still working on this, I think Vaughan's right and you should suspect Symbol. FM "remembers" record-specific fonts, though, and setting the font for a field in layout mode will be overridden by a record-specific font style... and it's hard to get rid of that formatting, too. Next time you come across a Greek field, try to CUT all the text out of it, paste it into a text editor, quit FM, go back into FM, copy/paste the data back into the field... You should find that the Greekness has been removed and it will display in whatever the default field font was supposed to be... or, at least I think so.

--ST

This topic is 6931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.