Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker and Dragon Speak

Jason Goldsmith

This topic is 6940 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if Filemaker works with Dragon Speak Naturally? I would like to enter text into some fields in complete sentences that are unique for each entry, and thus would lend itself well to voice recognition software. I am considering switch from a Mac to Windows just to accomplish this, as Dragon Speach only works in Windows and is much better than iListen for the Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Dragon with FM7 daily to dictate into text boxes and it works fine. However there are limitations. First, you cannot utilize any of the Dragon correction commands like "spell that" or "correct that" as Scansoft does not directly support integration within FM7 (this is on my wish list). It works fine, but I have to manually make corrections which is not as quick as with the Dragon commands. It also does not update your speech engine while using within FM7 so you can't improve accuracy or build your vocabulary. Otherwise it works fine. I do notice it's slower than when working within Word or its native Dragon Pad word processor. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have about Dragon and FM7.

- Frink

This topic is 6940 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.