FMP5 ---> FMP7 File Size...

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody!

Besides working on a new solution I never had a closer look on the filesize of the FM7 files...but as a matter of fact:

I converted a multi-file solution (21 FM5.5 files) into FMP7. The filesize originally was 71,3 MB and turned into 83.8 MB. Not too bad...but as I finally imported most of the data (not even from all files) into my FMP7 solution this one (consisting of only 8 files) has some 136 MB.

The only main difference is that the new solution is much more sophisticated, but the data itself is the same. There are no pics or other memory consuming stuff included. Now this makes me a little worried...comments appreciated!

FMP 7 files are limited to 4 TerraBytes (4,000 GB).

Assuming you double the file size each year, you've only got about 20 years before you reach the limit.

Stevie:

While FM7 files do appear to be generally larger than "identical" FM6 files, I don't think there's really cause for concern, especially when you consider how much drive capacity and affordability has increased in recent years. And, as Vaughan noted, it will take you a very long time indeed to max out the file size, by which time you'll be using FMP11, and the max file size will be large enough to encompass the entire solar system, or thereabouts.

-Stanley

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.