Server Maintenance This Week. ×

hiding databases on the web home page

This topic is 6931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm using mac os x panther, fm unlimited 6 and fm server.

We are using fm for an ecommerce solution and for security we do not want all our databases to appear on the instant publishing home page. We have seen some documentation that says that this can be done by simply ending the database name with an underscore.. eg: database_.fp5

Sadly, this simple solution does not seem to work... our "databases_.fp5" are still visible on the homepage. Can anyone tell me an easy way to keep selected databases OFF our web publishing home page so that we are not offering up our customer information for anyone who cares to look at it?

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy, R! The IWP underscore_name trick really does work... Even though we don't use it now, I remember playing with it to help someone in another post before. Try quitting FM first and/or moving the _ around. It's gotta be database_.fp5 or database.fp5_ . Make sure your computer is showing all extensions and you're not doing something like database_.fp5.fp5 or something.

I probably wouldn't recommend IWP for ecommerce, but try the folks in the IWP forum or the FileMaker Online forum. There's lots of friendly folks who can help but the FMU forum doens't get much attention these days. Sorry... wish I could help more.

Good luck!

--ST

This topic is 6931 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.