Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tiger and FMP 6?

nrobins

This topic is 6902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm running FM Developer 6.0.4 on a 10.4 system to access a database (which is still hosted on FileMaker Server 5.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.9). Seems OK so far, which suggests that FM Client seems reasonably happy with 10.4.

I can't vouch for FM Server under 10.4 though...

I'm running a FM 6.0.4 client (on a solution which is still hosted on FileMaker Server 5.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.9) after installing 10.4 during the night.

It's running mostly like before, but the keyboard shortcut ctrl + arrows for next record (browse-mode) and next layout (laout-mode) does not work anymore !

Anybody else with this problem? (I have a norwegian keyboard...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm running a FM 6.0.4 client (on a solution which is still hosted on FileMaker Server 5.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.9) after installing 10.4 during the night.

It's running mostly like before, but the keyboard shortcut ctrl + arrows for next record (browse-mode) and next layout (laout-mode) does not work anymore !

Anybody else with this problem? (I have a norwegian keyboard...)

Same here. I'm using a Canadien French Keyboard. Though this is very anoying, I managed to get the ctrl + arrows shortcut back by changing to a US keyboard configuration and back to my original French Canadian keyboard. I don't know why this is so, but at least, I can get back to work now.

Thanks !

I had tried this - I thought, but I selected the US extended keyboard.

It still does not work when I switch back to norwegian, but now I can atleast "turn this on" when I need it the most.

Actually I find the new "international" sys pref in Tiger badly rewritten. Customizing numbers is completly gone ! ... and more ....

• Newbies

Agreed. I have no idea why they did that in the first place. I sent a rather "direct" comment to Apple about this on their support site. I hope they give us back the customizing possibility in a future release.

I believe the US Extended keyboard is a Unicode keyboard layout. I don't think this would help you out in the end as older applications are more likely to "disregard" these configurations as you found out yourself.

By the way, I noticed that there is an extended Norwegian keyboard, could this be the one you are using ? The problem would likely produce the same results. Good luck anyway !

smile.gif

This topic is 6902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.