Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"File Name.fp5" was created by version ?.?? error

This topic is 6922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Actually I am running Tiger 10.4.1. It may not matter but you never know.

Here's my problem. I developed a 35 file solution some years ago. It was originally engineered in version 5. It has been updated over time and HAS been running fine in 5.5 and 6. The solution is being served by FileMaker Server 5.5 on a Panther eMac - only Timbuktu and FileMaker Server are on the Mac - it's basically a server running Panther client.

Recently It seemed time to do some maintenance. I followed all the general proceedure, backup, test, etc. I then saved a smaller copy of each file. 34 of the 35 files saved fine. However, the Contacts file which unfortunately is the hub of the whole solution saved a corrupted file. When I try to open it I get this message:

"This is FileMaker Release 6.0. "LPP_Contacts.fp5" was created by version ?.?? of FileMaker and cannot be opened by this version. Please use FileMaker ?.?? to view this file."

I've been using FileMaker almost 20 years. I go all the way back pre-Claris to Nashoba Systems the original developer of FileMaker 1.0. I've never seen this problem. Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts/solutions.

I tried to recover the file and FileMaker quit halfway through. I am able to export all the data and it looks intact, but I'd like to avoid rebuilding the whole file - it's a biggy.

I did try to export as a FileMaker file and get the same above error.

Help-!! Please.

Cheers

-JJ

I really have no idea, but try copying your file to a different--maybe OS 9? --computer and opening it there? I have found that OS X sometimes creates odd results with older files and is often fussier about what it will accept. This idea is on par with, "try restarting" but , what do you have to lose?

This topic is 6922 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.