finding missing dates

This topic is 8018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working with a file that contains these fields: 'User' (text), 'Week of'(date). In the 'Week of' field is the date of the Sunday of that week.

Sam 3/3/2002

Sam 3/10/2002

Sam 3/24/2002

Sue 3/3/2002

Sue 3/24/2002

How can I show the weeks that Sam and Sue forgot to enter for the month of March? I think I could do this in a script looking at each record and marking where the date in the current record = 7 more days than the date in the previous record (although I'm not sure how that would work in Sue's case where she missed two weeks in a row). I was hoping a relationship could somehow be established so the user could see their missing dates in a portal. I thought about having a related file with all the weeks of the year but I don't see how I can connect the two.

Thanks for any help!

ddave

When the user creates the new record which records them as entering data, you could have it check how many days since the previous record - as you said.

Then if this is greater than 7, have the script create new records with "MISSING_ENTRY" in a field. It would create a new record for each multiple of 7. Then use the user name & "MISSING_ENTRY" as the key in a self relationship to show the missing dates in the portal you decribe.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 8018 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.