Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need Resources, links, book suggestions!

This topic is 6877 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a project coming up soon where I will need to write a FileMaker database which will be accessed exclusively via a browser, both locally and on the web. I've done quite a bit of FileMaker development but none on the web. I understand that Instant Web publishing is not the way to go...as I'm going to want to design the look and feel somewhat myself and I'll need more control than it allows.

To my point...I need resources on learning more about publishing FM7 databases on the web. Can anyone suggest books, web sites, tutorials, sample code, anything that I can use to guide me through this process? I've looked at a few books about FileMaker 7, but I fear they focus very little attention on this aspect and I don't know which, if any, would be worth the effort. Please help...thanks!

FMI has a handy tech brief on the web capabilities in FMP7 (and FMSA7) on their web site, which can be found here:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/upgrade/techbriefs.html

It's not a tutorial or anything, but a good overview of what's going on under the hood and what your options are.

-Stanley

This topic is 6877 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.