Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgraded Win NT to Win 2003 Server | No more remote access

treysha

This topic is 6861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm at my wits end with this problem. I searched through previous posts but couldn't find the solution.

I had a Windows NT Server 4.0 which is my file server. I had my Filemaker Pro 4.0 files hosted on this server. Users in my LAN could access the files via FM clients in the network, as well as from outside the LAN (remote).

Then recently I upgraded the file server to Windows 2003 Server. I installed FM Pro 4.0 in the new server and hosted the SAME files.

Now, client access from within my LAN is not affected. They can access the hosted files, no problems. Problem is when I try to access the files from remote (outside my LAN). I try the normal way (which worked on the NT Server), ie, by "Specifying Host" but the hosted files are no longer listed.

As far as I know the router has forwarded port 5003 to the new server (ie the new FM host). I've checked with my network vendors and they said network-wise, all the protocols are in place. They claim the problem to be application-specific, and their support stops there.

I have enabled the "Remote Administration" plug-in and have edited fmhosts.txt file to include the new server. Rebooted the server, STILL the hosted files are not listed.

Can someone please help me? I'm getting desperate.

Check the machine's firewall settings.

If I remember correctly, there needs to be a couple of ports open, not just 5003. Don't remember what they are though. Check the FMP 4 documentation.

This topic is 6861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.