Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Application - FileMaker 7 Reference

This topic is 6734 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Item reviewed: FileMaker 7 Reference

Vendors website: http://www.databasepros.com

Overall rating: 5 Paws, Nothing short of brilliant!

Review by: Harry Glosenger - Chapter FMPug member

Check out my full review here

It's A FileMaker Everything! There is a button for Calculations, Scripts, Shortcuts, Errors, News, Web sites, Versions, Graphics, Specifications and New Features. Click any one of them and scroll or perform a find to whatever it is you're looking for. What I especially liked are the notations. They tell you not only what a function does, but also why it does it!

The entire file is set up so the new user will enjoy its simplicity, while the intermediate andadvanced will enjoy it's thoroughness. It's really just that good!

The advantages are huge! It is one of the few solutions I

Overall rating: 4 Paws, Pretty darn Fantastic!

Review by: Hal Gumbert - Chapter FMPug member

After downloading it, I went through each category thinking about how it would help speed up as well as make my development time more accurate.

The Calculation module is nice as it contains 315 example calculations. One of my favorites is "Work Days" which returns the number of work days between two dates.

Similarly, the Script examples contains 163 scripts that could be used in almost any database. As we provide training to our clients, the Versions, Specifications, and New Features sections will help us to pin point the items to cover for upgrading sessions.

This product is great for the newbie to the expert. Personally, I find that the FileMaker Help System takes much too long to load. Since this is another FileMaker file, it loads quickly.

• 4 months later...

Overall rating: 5 Paws, 5 Paws, Nothing short of brilliant!

Review by: Gingy Ferguson - Chapter FMPug member

This product is extremely valuable to me and saves hours of time. I often use this product as a thought starter to get through specific problems. I think it is priced just right and is a terrific value for the money. I would recommend it to all levels of developers!

This topic is 6734 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.