Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lookup with repeating fields

This topic is 6848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have three DB, one Personell records, one Courses and a Master called Attendance. Here at the Library, where I work, I use FM Pro7 for Windows. I am doing a lookup from the personell DB

and it does OK.

I am also trying to do a lookup from my Courses DB into repeating field. I got it to works on field 1, but when I tab into field two, I can see something is going on, but nothing shows up in my two fields??

I did exactly the same design on my Mac w/FM Pro 6 at home, and it worked like a charm.

I brought that database in to the library, converted to FM Pro 7 (Windows) and it is not looking up the record. Except for the first one.

Frustrating!1 Anybody has a clue?? I told the library that FM was so easy to work with, and now I can not get it to work.

The forum are named "Relational Database Theory" and both lookups and repeating fields falls somewhat out of this, by being old flatfile remedies from a time where relational features were high on everybodys wishlist back in the early 1990'ies. Because the work performed by these, are "wrong" in the sense that they leeds to redundant storage.

The probelm you here rises are a classic many2many relation, which since 1995 have been posible without too many workarounds ...and numerous templates are floating around the web, and posibly quite a few in this site as well.

I would not suggest any, on behalf on others ...because I have no idea as to when your boots gets filled ...I think Lee might have a good idea where to find one in the right note/key in this forum.

--sd

This topic is 6848 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.