Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sharing a database

niessen

This topic is 6835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi- We are having problems sharing a FMP database. If more than one person tries to log on to the shared db, a message pops up stating: maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FMP.

We have one remote user, one user at the office, and one user who alternates between the office and a remote connection.

The db is located on a Mac at the office, which we all access through a VNC (Chicken), after we have first connected to a VPN.

We all use Macs.

Does anyone have any advice on why only one person at a time can access the db? Could it be due to our method of connection? Thanks and if I should post this in a different forum, please let me know.

How are you sharing the database? Are you using filemaker network sharing, filemaker server, or OS file sharing?

How many copies of FMP did you buy? Do you have unique license codes for each copy you installed, or did you buy a volume license?

Dana

Thanks for your response. We are using FMP network sharing. I am not sure how many copies of FMP the office bought or what type of license--perhaps the software on the server is the same as that loaded on one of the office user's computer.

Niessen:

The message you are seeing indicates that at least two of your machines have the same license code for FileMaker, which causes FileMaker Sharing to reject the connection.

-Stanley

This topic is 6835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.