Using FM7 and sharing a couple of dbs. Some weird things are happening if anyone has some knowledge about these. The 3 dbs are hosted on my PC and Auto-started very early each morning using a defa

This topic is 6776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FM7 and sharing a couple of dbs. Some weird things are happening if anyone has some knowledge about these.

The 3 dbs are hosted on my PC and Auto-started very early each morning using a default (read-only) privilege set. All 3 are related to each other.

First, a user is working in the db and FileMaker simply shuts down. No message, no warning.

Second, I'm presuming that my PC is counted as one of the possible 5 users allowed to access the dbs. Correct?

Third, one of the users indicated to me that she has to enter her logonID and password more than once before she finally get access to the db(s). Has anyone experienced this?

Fourthly, 2 of the dbs are supposed to be hidden and should be transparent to the other users but sometimes they are prompted for a LogonID and password for them. Any guesses why?

Thanks, Veronica :qwery:

This topic is 6776 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.