Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web server connector on Linux

This topic is 6764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FM Server 5 serving a FM5 Unlimited and a FM6 Unlimited machine, all running W2K Server.

The web connector machine I just discovered today is running XP not W2K. It all runs very smoothly until there are too many people for XP's IIS.

I want to move on from W2K but not to the extent of buying 1 copy of W2003 server so I decided to set up a Linux box and put the Web connector on that with Apache rather than IIS, it is supposed to work... has anyone else had success with it ?

Allegedly on the FMWSC CD there should be [color:blue]fmwsc.pkg.tar but it ain't there, or at least I can't see it in W2K or Linux, contacted FM which was as much use as I have come to expect. Does anyone know where else or how I can get hold of it ?

Dom Walton

Edited by Guest

I was talking to FM tech support today and found out that to access the elusive file on the FMWSC CD in Linux you need to be logged in as ROOT.

Having tried this I now realise that the CD I have came from FM5U which doesn't have the Linux bits, although I also have FM6U can I find the WSC CD, sigh.

Dom Walton

This topic is 6764 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.