Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tab control suggestion !

This topic is 6664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For those that could be interested, I had fun in the past weekend while improving my tiny demo that proposes a scripted usage of the tabs under FM8 v1.

I took a different approach to solve the problem where the tab headers are totally disabled and the whole navigation is done by custom buttons and custom scripts. This solution is very strong and can be prettier than the built-in FileMaker tabs.

Here's the link ??? http://www.softs4humans.com/index_en.html

Please note that FileMaker 8 (Pro or Pro Advanced) is require for the new "tab controls".

P.S. No plug-in are required for this technique!

• 3 weeks later...

The how-to for this technique is pretty simple in fact. In short the idea is :

1. to create your tab control as usual

2. then create custom buttons and place them where you want near by your original tab control. They can be placed over the tab control, at the right or left, I mean anywhere you want.

3. create 1 or more navigation script(s) to allow users to navigate from tab to tab using the goto field command. Then attach your navigation script to your custom buttons. Of course, the script allow important steps to be performed...

4. to make sure the users won't bypass your navigation scripts and jump incorrectly from 1 tab to another, you have to disable the headers of your original tab control.

So you simply create another tab control which is covering only the built-in headers of your original tab control. Just like a black curtain would make.

That's it, you have a real control over these tabs now ! :

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This topic is 6664 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.