Server Maintenance This Week. ×

how do I?

drb

This topic is 6761 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

can somebody please help me out?

I would like to create a table which will have sort of links to different files like doc, xls, txt, jpeg etc.

I would like to access these files from another table having different records. Each record, should be able to relate to a specific file in the first table mentioned above.

Can somebody please help me to get a headstart?

thanks,

drb

I am glad found this free fp7 'document library' file in filemaker. This is the one I am looking for.

I sincerely hope somebody could help me out atleast this time.

1. In that document library, how can I have say a button and by clicking that it should open up the associated doc or txt file or image. I tried by 'open file' command, but it won't open doc non-filemaker files.

guess probably i need a script to do that to open in word or something. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

drb

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I did.

I drew a button, then right click to choose button setup, and chose 'perform script' and then specify 'open URL' and then typed in the parameters ("file:files/untitled.pdf")

I have files folder with that filename on it. I just wanted to test if it works or not. When I clicked the button, it gave me hour-glass symbol as if it is trying to open, but nothing happens.

How can I can make the button to open whatever link is mentioned in the filepath.

Thanks,

drb

This topic is 6761 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.