Authenticate From Another FMP File's Accounts?

This topic is 6743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Wish this was possible, seems like such a natural feature to have, even more so than authenticating off an LDAP server.

Of course, you could do a script that checks against a password field on another file's custom users table, but it seems less secure/elegant than just using the built in security.

Does anyone use one file to authenticate multiple solutions?

Wish this was possible, seems like such a natural feature to have, even more so than authenticating off an LDAP server.

OK, I think I understand what you're asking for here and what you mean. But just to be clear there is no authentication against LDAP per se. It's against Active Directory or Open Directory only, not against a generic LDAP.

The matter about authenticating against another FileMaker Pro file has been discussed, and it could happen some day. You are correct in your belief that using tricks such as ersatz accounts and user tables is not secure. If there is a need to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your system (the standard tests) or to maintain the confidentiality of intellectual property, then I would not recommend using ersatz systems.

HTH

Steven

This topic is 6743 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.