nasty hang when opening related files... please help

Jodin

This topic is 8360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

okay i've tried everything i can think of and this is driving me nuts. here's the setup:

FM Server 5 on NT4 hosting 30-file solution. Cross platform clients, all get in to Main file just fine except my G4/9.1. I keep getting the network hang (squiggly line) that lasts a solid 5 minutes when trying to open related files. and it's not always the same file causing the hang! i've tracked down a few, let it open, then i open the relationships window (another 5 minute hang), and redefine the relationship using the hosts button. this seems to solve the problem for that session but after quitting out of FM it occasionally it pops back up.

again, i thought it was a mac issue but there are other macs on the LAN that don't have the problem. and the PC's open the whole solution just fine.

is there anyway i can wipe out all the hidden prefs/file pointers on my client ? i'm about to install client on the server and open from there and see if i can do something. any help is greatly appreciated, and if you can please email your suggestions as well as post - the quicker i solve this the better!!

thanks,

jodin

[email protected]

Make sure all of the clients are using the latest version of FileMaker, which I believe is 5.0v3. I had a similar problem (relationships were working on one machine, a Mac, that disappeared on the other machine, Windows) and the problem was solved when I updated the Windows version.

Chuck

This topic is 8360 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.