Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Area Code Lookup - Up to date data

This topic is 6718 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Description: Look up a U.S., Canadian, or U.S. associated island by area code to retrieve the relationship to the state/province and major areas/cities. The data in this set of records is obtained from the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), otherwise known as the administration that creates and assigns area codes to different areas. Check out www.nanpa.com for more info on that. It can be used as a tool for different types of database users. As a advertising sales company, this tool can be beneficial for a contact who has a seperate office. Some contacts I run into have different area codes within different offices which are sometimes out of state. When I make calls at 8:00 AM from the east coast I want to be sure I am not calling somewhere in California. It's really easy to set up a script or different layout to effectively integrate this feature with your database, but this file shows the general idea and is a great learning tool for how looked up functions work. If you do use this feature, be sure to check out www.nanpa.com for updated information.

Let me know what you guys think

Working Under: 7

Solution Status: Beta

Pre-requisites:

Author(s):) fishbone

Date: 11/17/05

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

AreaCodes.zip

Alright! I'm glad at least one person found it useful. That's exactly why when I found this data I quickly put together a file for whoever. It's modified version is useful in my advertising db, and hopefully your db too Bruce.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.