Server Maintenance This Week. ×

getting rid of ? when previewing my report

Jalz

This topic is 6693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've produced a report, and am having trouble displaying the jobname field, as some of the records contain a "?" instead of the value. Now I know that the field is smaller than the actual title, hence filemaker substitues ? with the title, but is there a way where I can force FileMaker to display as many words that will fit in that space as possible - without the need for creating another field with a calculation.

Many Thanks

Hi Raybaudi,

I dont have a calculated field, thats the whole point. I dont want to creat an unnecessary field for displaying the jobname if I can help it.

As for the field in question, it is a regular Text and about 180px wide, with Arial at 9pt. No number formatting has been set.

I think I've solved it by going to the number format and instead of using the General format (this was set as default) - im using the Leave Data as formatted option.

This seesm to of solved my problem, even though the field is a text based.

I think I've solved it by going to the number format and instead of using the General format (this was set as default) - im using the Leave Data as formatted option.

When in layout mode, if you select your field, can you access the number format menu ?

P.S.: can you attach a file with your problem replicate ?

Hi Raybaudi,

Ive checked the Job Name field, and indeed in your first post you suggested that it could be setup as a number and it was. I should have guessed that was the case when I was having trouble with it initially.

Many thanks for your help though!

This topic is 6693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.