Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CRLF in email text

This topic is 6677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

How do I add CRLFs (carriage return & line feed) to the text of an email using the 'send email' script step? Currently the text is lumped into a continuous paragraph, regardless of CRLFs in the original text.

Are the CRLF set there by the users or is it just the width of the field that makes the text wrap? ...I have almost a similar setup you have, and if I enter CRLF are they respected in the generated mail!

There must be something you havn't told us??

--sd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I tested it again, writing an email with CRLFs in the text in the "specify" box of the send email script command and sent it to myself using the script. It came back to me without the CRLFs. I'm baffled.

Don

Not sure if this will show up right on the forum but try this in you Specify box:

"Using paragraph symbol" & ¶ & ¶ & "Using paragraph symbol" & ¶ & ¶ & "Using Enter Key

Using Enter Key"

My email show this as 1 line sperating "Using Paragraph Symbol" and 3 spaces seperating the "Using Enter Key" text.

the point being "" does not seem to give me a CRLF and using the paragraph symbol does. I would gues using in the calc gives only a CR or a LF.

• Newbies

That did it! Ampersands (which showed up in your message) didn't do anything, but the ¶ (paragraph symbol) at the end of a line caused a CRLF. Two of them made it happen twice. For reference, on a Mac the ¶ symbol is 7.

Thanks!

Don

This topic is 6677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.