Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I bought FM 8 Advanced, and I bought the English version, although I am Dutch, and have a Dutch OSX. I want FM to be in English as I am used to the English commands, script steps and all that and th

This topic is 6695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I bought FM 8 Advanced, and I bought the English version, although I am Dutch, and have a Dutch OSX.

I want FM to be in English as I am used to the English commands, script steps and all that and the 'world of information' on the web around FM is in English. (Also my manual on paper is english...)

After installing, FM8 showed up in English, as I recall, but after running the updater to version 8.0.v2, FM8 showed up in Dutch.

I talked to Filemaker and the 'solution' they offer, which works, is to change the system language, and log out and in again. This indeed gives me an english filemaker, but also an english system...

So my wish is to be able to change FM language apart from the system language.

And my question, as there are apparently the languages somewhere in the FM package available, is there a way to change in a plist for example, the language?

Thanks

EDIT at later time:

It is possible to change language apart from the system language. Just select the application filemaker in the finder, and go to Get Info in the finder. In the info pane under Language uncheck all languages except the language you prefer...

It is that simple, but not too well documented.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.