Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't delete record

Oldsneekers

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I cannot delete any records in one of my files.

I have two files set to relate via an ID field. The relationship allows deletion of either record if the other is deleted, yet they won't delete. Via script or menu bar, I get the message if I still want to delete and of course I choose to delete. Yet nothing deletes. Account prefs are for administrator so allows deletion. What am I missing? Thanks.

PS

The solution structure is:

GUI file with one record and tons of globals that I use as match fields to bring in the related tables from other files and tables. The Data file has the data. The BR file has the calculations, concanotations, graphics etc. The records refuse to leave this world regardless weather I try to delete from the GUI file (layout formated to the relevant table) or the source file itself.

Additional information: I closed all files and opened only the source file, there I could delete without difficulty (with other files open I could not do this)..

The question remains, why would I not be able to delete with the related files open and how to delete from the related file?

Thanks for all those wise men and women how share their knownledge.

The gods be praised. I figured it out. The reason I could not delete a record in one table is that one of the 13 relationships to it was broken. I must have deleted one of the match fields in that other table for the relationship. As soon as I fixed it, shazam, I could experience deletion joy again. I hope this is helpful to others.

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.