Value List Lookup

tyler_tdf

This topic is 6651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Currently I have two tables, Clients and Jobs. Clients is related to jobs through ClientID. Both tables have an auto enter serial field, ClientID and JobID. ClientID uses a value list, Clients and is set as a pop down list.

Rather than having to scroll through 300 + clients to choose one on entry of new jobs, I want to be able to manually enter a client and have it lookup that client in the value list for the ClientID number.

Currently when I enter a new job a new ClientID serial is assigned rather than FM using the previous entry of that client.

Any ideas?

• Newbies

ok here's a sample. i put in a few bogus records. in the Jobs table, when entering a new job, if i choose a client from the pop down list, everything works just the way i want it to.

however, there will eventually be 300 + clients in that pop down list. rather than having to scroll through that many to choose the one i need, i want to be able to manually type the client name and have that automatically match to the value list (pop down list) while still keeping the same clientID serial number.

hopefully that makes sense.

thanks!

tyler_tdf_help.zip

Example attached. Note the validation on the Client field in both the Job and Client table.

In the Job table you want to validate that the user uses a valid entry from the Client value list or else you will end up with records that relate to nothing.

In the Client table you want to ensure the Client field is unique, otherwise when you have two clients with the same name only 1 would appear in the value list for the Client field in the Job layout.

tyler_tdf_help_revised_.zip

This topic is 6651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.