Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Financial Package

Ricardo

This topic is 6675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

Not sure if this right forum but anyway...

My company are looking at investing in a new financial package.

My question is...do you know of any financial packages created in Filemaker Pro.

Is it possible to develop a financial package in FM Pro.

What are the implications on payroll in to employee bank accounts etc, Security etc.

Iam thinking that maybe this is possible for me to develop in to the ERP project i am about to start!!!

Your thoughts please...

Thanks in advance.

1. There is a plug in (forget the name now) that will integrate FMP with I believe Quickbooks. You could decide which functions to leave in FMP and which ones to farm out to Quick Books.

2. Scheduling/contact management/ event capture is entirely possible in FMP. I have a minor program on my site, Little Helper that does all of this on a simple work group level. You can play with that to see some interface ideas. Note that this one is modular to facilitate remote members of a work group not connected by network.

I have another program, custom, for work scheduling between patients and therapists for a USA wide service provider running on a WAN. So I know the scheduling part is possible, including capturing time per day, cancelled and make up hours and live displays per period, week in this case, for each type of time.

3. If there are standards in the work place such as each shift must have some many of this type of personnel and so many of that type of personnel - this can also be accomplished relationally.

So the answer is that it is doable. Depending on how complicated your operation is, the program could be quite complex. However, if you go shopping for such a program, ready built, not done in FMP, you will find that they are quite expensive and have fairly high equipment demands.

This topic is 6675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.