Server Maintenance This Week. ×

code 3 of 9 question

This topic is 6666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

what would be the code for a return...so that i can commit the record....i'm trying to make a layout for a shop that is controled strictly by a barcode scanner i need a way to commit records so that i can use the troi activator plugin i have to run some scripts

The Enter key (on the numeric keypad area) is not the same as the Enter (return) key on the alphabetic area of the keyboard. Most barcode scanners use the Return key (which is properly named Return on a Mac :-) as the "post-amble" character. This works OK with FileMaker. But can be problematic if you're entering into a text field and you're not in a Loop or dialog box (either of which continue with either key). So, the ideal solution is to reprogram the barcode scanner to enter a real Enter character. If however you can't do that, another fix would be to use the auto-enter, with "Do not replace contents" unchecked, and use Substitute (the field; ¶; "") to remove that extra return.

VICH:

What barcode reader are you using? Most can be programmed to automatically put a post-amble after each scan.

-Stanley

i'm using a Metrologic "ms9535 VoyagerBT" and i saw the post where you said you could code the ctrl + 1-0 to run those designated scripts...that is what i really need...but i can't find the code for those

This topic is 6666 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.