Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP's future

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I personally am quite impressed with what FMI has done with IWP. I've always wanted the ability to access and display dynamic info from my db's via a browser w/o middleware. To me the biggest limitation is the lack of email capabilities w/ IWP and basically one pretty limited script step (open URL) to access CWP functionality. I really hope a developer comes up w/ a FMSA plug-in soon, or FMI does so that enables full funtioning emailing to be performed via IWP. I read how Microsoft is changing their biz model to be more web based (ala Google) as opposed to application based, as it allows Msoft to be more nimble in their development of software. I think FMI can learn something here as well, as it applies to IWP and the ability to rapidly take FM solutions to the web as opposed to the biz model of application based software solution via FM application. If you ask me IWP is absolutely the future of FM! I'd love FMI devote technicians to tons of functionality to IWP. Who remebers Claris HomePage and how it easily built CDML pages? I'd love the ability to integrate Flash and FM via IWP and layouts. It would be cool to embed flash gui directly to your layouts and access script steps or functions that allow communication directly with FM via FM scripts all via IWP. Forget xml, middleware, etc. Flash button> perform FM script. Or perhaps FMI can develop their own client side front end similar to Flash that allows instant manipulation of data client side and then passes to the server when specifically told to do so. Again all via IWP. NO MIDDLEWARE! If you ask me, IWP is the best thing going and is the future of FM development. Now if only I could send that email from IWP.... back to reality........

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.