'VOLATS' Vocabulary Learning and Testing System [Beta-7]

This topic is 6486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Description: Enter you vocabulary as records, as if they were flashcards or index-cards.

Each day, run a test. This prints on A4. The 'run test' script updates all records, moving each one forward through the system.

Working Under: 7

Solution Status: Beta

Pre-requisites:

Author(s):) earthcalling

Date: 02/06/06

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info: VOLATS has two key elements:-

-- Customisable 'flash-card', one card/record for each item of vocabulary. (This version is built for Japanese, but is easily changeable for any language - or indeed anything else you need to learn).

-- A testing regime, which produces a 'daily' (see below) test sheet. Five new items are added each day, and tested with reducing frequency over time. This is the smart bit.

(NB - Dates are not based on the calendar. When you run a test, the date clicks forward by one. This prevents items bunching together if you miss a few days).

More details on the theory and use of VOLATS are at:- www.earthcallingdavid.com/page5/page5.html

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

VOLATS_quick-start.pdf

empty_VOLATS.fp7.zip

• 3 months later...

I'm new to FM, but want to learn. I have just joined this forum and came across your program. It looks interesting. I opened the pdf file and was very confused by the Japanese? references, but I guess that will become clear when I run the program. I want to use it to help me remember Thai.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Peter,

Apologies for the late reply... I've not been in the forum for a while.

VOLATS is currently formatted for Japanese, but the principle will work for any language. It would be very simple to change the page formats. If you've started with FM since posting, you've probably discpovered that already. Otherwise, let me know.

David

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.