Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP 5.5 Sharing Over OSX

This topic is 6650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm new to FMP and have developed template that I want to share in a group shared folder on an OSX environment. However, whenever anyone (other than the person who placed the template into the group shared folder) attempts to access the file they get a read only message at the intro and when they attempt to input data they get "field not modifyable".

I've tried playing with the options under sharing (tcp/ip) to no avail. Is there a quick fix? Pete

You're about corrupt you file beyond repair!!!

Filemaker explicitly disuade operatingsystem filesharing ...because a concurrent protocol - filemakers own, tries to maintain the database. A filemaker solution should reside in a folder pulled out of OS filesharing, and instead either be opened via the host button or an opener:

http://www.fmdeveloper.com/downloads/Opener.pdf

Filemaker have chosen this approach to make a slimmer and more dedicated protocol, to provide the responsivenes a standalone solution would have when fidling with scrollbars and other means that's likely to change the rendering of the layout to reflect actual actions in the remote database.

So - stop this silly idea before you regret you ditched the backup...

--sd

This topic is 6650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.