Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro 7 hangs with coffee icon as cursor in XP????

roly

This topic is 6642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Sounds weird, I know... ???-) while users are working, suddenly one user's cursor changes to a coffee icon (user says "coffee icon", so I assumed it's Java) and then there's only one way out on that user's machine - shut down... they do not use ANY other apps and is not connected to the Net. This happens at random during working on a Windows XP small network with 2 users connecting remotely to another hosting the very simple FMPro7 datafile.

I suspect it has something to do with the networking, but since I'm a Mac OSX user and developed the app on here, the WinXP environment makes no sense to me at all... The users are 800km north of here, so I have no other way of knowing what happens other than their description... soo frustrating!! This only started happening after they've been using the network with FMPro app for over a year - no hassles!

Any ideas much appreciated!!

Edited by Guest
fixed terminology

• Newbies

ah... the client told me this morning that it does this when one FM user (on a workstation) logs off, then signs in as another FM user, logs off, and signs in as the original FM user again (they have to do this sometimes due to the nature of their transactions and security). The problem is that they cannot wait to see if this ends... they have retail clients standing in front of the counter, so they have to close the app (close window is all that works), so now I have some "half" transactions due to this.

Is there a way that I can force a sort at a convenient time (they are definitely not deleting records, nor importing records, so it must be sorting) rather than when it chooses?

Thanks for the help! Now I know what to search on... ???-) rather than thinking it was Java... I sent the client a Java logo yesterday, and they confirmed that their "coffee" looks different...:P-) They thought at first that the "computer" is telling them to have a coffee break, so maybe they were not far wrong..?

This topic is 6642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.