Pop Up List - I get a box around it when I print?

EdandRoy

This topic is 8473 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I'm just learning and have tryed out using a Pop Up List which works great. But when I printed out a record I found that there is a box printed around the Pop Up List field. Can't seem to get rid of it. I checked to insure I didn't format it for any box. Don't know what to do about it.

Thanks for any help.

Ed

In Layout mode, click in your field, check under Format / Field Borders. Make certain all boxes are unchecked and that "'Borders' 'format'" is what you are set for. Additionally, set borders at "none" in the tool under the "'Borders' 'format'" button.

And when you make your printout, make sure you have not selected that field with your cursor.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

Keith M. Davie

Thanks for the info. I have done all that. I can see the box around the field used for the Pop Up Menu when I selece Preview. When I print it out I get the same. If I change the field to just a data field the box is gone unless I format it for a fox. I was using FMP2.1 and have since upgraded to FMP3.v0, then to FMP3.v05 and am now using FMP3.v05 with the Y2K updates. I still have the same problem if it is a problem. If it isn't I don't like it as such. I'm still learning FMPro so there's a good chance its just cockpit-error on my part.

Thanks

Ed...

A simple way around this is to make a duplicate of your layout to be used for printing only, and format all the fields in it as standard types. This is commonly done to optimize the screen layout for data entry, and the print layout for good printout.

BobWeaver

Thanks for the "work Around". I'm already doing that. I think the problem is a "Bug" in FMpro bug then again it could still be "cockpit error" on my part.

If a program has some twist or bug in it yours truly will step in it.

Thanks again Bob.

Anyone else out there come up with anything else I can try?

Thanks again to everyone.

Ed...

If you really just upgraded to Filemaker 3, I don't have a suggestion (except I hope you didn't pay a whole bunch for the upgrade). If you are using FM 5, you might check to see if the embossing style popup has something selected. This makes a line around popups.

This topic is 8473 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.