Analyzing survey data containing radio boxes

Annfoust

This topic is 8449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database of survey information (from business reply cards). The information is contained in multiple choice radio boxes. I am trying to create a report that counts the number of responses to each radio box and gives me a list of that information (ie. Hiking: 3, Biking: 4 etc) I reviewed article # 101961 that gave some basic information on analysis, but after creating a text and summary file for each of the choices, I must still be missing something. How do I make the new fields look up the values in the information already in the database?

The article states this: Create a text field and summary field for each answer to each question. Create one layout and instead of a body part, use a grand summary part which contains all the summary fields.

I have done this and my value is still returning "O". Please help.

Why not instead of a text field, create a number field for each answer? Maybe the text field is not being summarized for some reason. I did a survey file the way you did it, except the answer field was a number field equal to 1 if it was checked. Then I summarized each of the fields.

This topic is 8449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.