Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not able to Print or Preview from Filemaker

This topic is 6612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I wonder if anyone could give me some help on the following problem.

I am running Mac OSX 10.4.5 and Filemaker 6.0v4. I have an database which I have been using for about a year without any problems with printing. All of a sudden I cannot print, it sends to the printer and them says it has completed printing but nothing actually prints. If I try to PDF or Preview from the print menu I get the error message "Sorry, Filemaker is unable to continue printing (Error -9705)". I have deleted all preference files from my library, deleted and recreated the printer and uninstalled and re-installed filemaker but it still will not work. We have another Mac running 10.3 without any problems. If I create a new database using a Filemaker template it works, so it seems to be a problem with this particular database just on my mac. I would appreciate any input anyone has.

• Newbies

I'm having a similar problem, and it's not just with FM 6.04 but also 8.02--I was just upgrading a solution and ran into this problem. I've noticed it first with a portal page, where the contents of the portal do not print (although other fields would appear to), although you can see them when it is not in preview mode. I guess I'm temporarily conforted that this appears to be a Tiger 10.4.5 issue because my immediate users are on PCs, but this is a VERY STRANGE development that I hope someone has already solved!

Cheers!

Gail

This topic is 6612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.