FMP 8 advanced app doesnt start on MacTel iMac

This topic is 6567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello List

I have an app created by FMP 8 advanced, it works great on all PPC Macs (10.4.5) yet trying ot launch it on a MacTel iMac it fails to start up.

I thought the Apps generated by FMP would work on the MacTels, or did I miss something?

Any info greatly appreciated,

thanks

Rob

I am sorry for not being clear there, it is a runtime application created by FMP 8 Adv on a MAC PPC that doesnt seem to start on a MacTel machine

It should function according to what I know. But then that might be wrong.

Any info appreciated

Rob

Even as root user the data of the app produced on a ppc and the application itself wouldnt launch it only showed one jump in the dock and that was all

The same data from a cd-rom installed on a G4/G3/Mini all worked instantly.

Even changing permissions didnt change a thing,

who has a clue here?

Is the intel hardware the problem?

TIA

Rob

It's not the Intel I don't think. I have an iMac Intel. I just created a runtime and it worked just fine. And this was after throwing away the 14 MB of extra languages (in both the Extensions, and within the package Contents folder itself). It was still 36 MB. But it seemed to run fine, in a quick test anyway.

It would have been hard for you to turn off the System fonts in Tiger, at least using the Font book, as it would warn you. Charcoal is no longer a System font. I even turned off a whole bunch of the fonts that were System fonts, because they were obviously for foreign languages, which I don't need. And my runtime still works fine.

I left the others mentioned above on, as they're common as dirt. Also Lucida Grande I think you should have have on. Don't know for sure, but I believe it's the default font used in many places. Helvetica is also a default, at least in FileMaker; though I change it immediately to Verdana. I also leave Arial, Courier, New Courier, Times, New Times Roman, and a few others. But not many.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.