Web form to Filmaker database

This topic is 6603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm not sure which forum this is appropriate to.

I would like to have a web form that anyone could enter data and submit it to a Filemaker Database (which I have running on Filemaker Server Advanced 8.)

I can get it so I have a form directly accessible by it's URL with a guest log-in and scripted buttons to add a new record and submit it through instant web publishing.

However, when using the log-out script, they are taken to the iwp_home.html page. I would prefer them to be sent to a specified URL. If I direct the button to another URL, the log out script which follows doesn't execute.

Is there anyway to get that log-out script to send them to specified URL.

Failing that, what can I put in a garden variety web form to send the data to a new record in a Filemaker database?

Nick Dvoracek

Director of Media Services

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

with FMSA8 I believe you got a tool to create Custom Web pages to connect to your database and do things like this. I haven't got a chance to take a look at that yet, but it sounded pretty neat, you might want to check into that. There should be instructions in your Server Advanced Documentation.

• Newbies

I ran into those custom web pages, but I think they send all users to them when they log out. I want to send only the people that log out from this form to a specific page, that says something like "Thanks for registering to BlahBlah workshop"

This topic is 6603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.