old value list data in current field

This topic is 8403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have an FMPro v4 database which has been in use for several years. We recently updated this database to prepare it for web access and in the process changed the value lists used in several fields. After updating the value list the records were then revised to supply field values from the new value list. One particular field uses a Check Box display for it's value list to permit simultaneous multiple entries.

Unbeknownst to the end user performing this process, data from the old value list remained in this field with each record. Instead of clearing out all data for this field first, we now have a single field with values from the new and old value lists. This does not affect use of the database from within FMPro -- only the new value list data is displayed -- but it provides errant search results over the web. Values in these fields are getting found by the web search and showing up as positives, when in fact this data is obsolete and should be gone.

I now have the problem of how to remove the old value list text from this particular field without removing the current value list data. As there are over 1000 records in the database we would prefer not to do this process by hand. I suspect a script can do this, but I'm not sure how to go about writing such a thing. Anyone have any ideas how to solve this dilemma?

Thanks in advance...

This topic is 8403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.